NURTURE TAXI INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme)
What is UTAP?
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) is a training grant for NTUC union members (National Taxi Association - NTA) to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more union members to go for skills upgrading.
How much is the Grant?
As a member, you can enjoy 50% claims on unfunded course fee with an annual cap of $250 each year when you sign up for courses listed under UTAP. This exclude miscellaneous fees such as GST and registration fee etc.
Who can apply?
As long as you are an NTUC union member, you can apply for UTAP. Just ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Paid-up union membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim.
- Training approved under UTAP must commence within the funding supported period.
- Course must not be paid by company or otherwise fully funded.
- Course fee must be S$20.00 and above.
- Member must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted in the system within 6 months after course end.
- Course fee for TAXI REFRESHER COURSE: $50.00
After funded by UTAP (50% claims): $25.00
- Course fee for TAXI DRIVER VOCATIONAL LICENCE COURSE: $285.00
After funded by UTAP (50% claims): $142.00
Please note that UTAP claims on course fee does not include course materials.
For more information, visit the website:
Apply for UTAP
- 3 EASY steps online
- No submission of documents required for claiming
COPYRIGHT © 2013 SINGAPORE TAXI ACADEMY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.